Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Tuesday 1 September 2009

Seaside In The City.





On Monday morning at five thirty, I was awakened by the screeching of sea gulls. For a moment I thought I was somewhere by the sea. I looked out of the window and there were several gulls low flying and dive bombing around. Not unusual I hear you say but this was the west end of Glasgow. The sea is miles away. They must have been city gulls.

It is nicer to see them in their proper environment as here en route to my girlfriends sisters house on the Isle of Cumbrae.

Did you know that the narrowest house in the world known as the Wedge is to be found in Millport?

If you don't believe me, here is the photographic proof. Amazing Stuff!

Also, I wonder how many boats were named Dignity after the famous tune by Deacon Blue?
Quite a few I think. At the top are a couple of them moored at Millport pier.

No comments: