Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 23 April 2007

A rare Saturday off.










Saturday 21 April, was unusual for me, as I found myself with no work to do.I bought
an all day ticket for the underground and set off. First stop was the Shell World Wildlife photographic awards at the famous Scotland Street School, designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh. All of the images were stunning. I would have been proud to have taken any of them.

I headed back into the city and had a coffee and a piece of cheesecake in a trendy cafe on Ingram Street. Feeling refreshed I stepped outside onto the pavement and quite literally, ten meters and slowly walking toward me was the legendary Billy Connolly out for a stroll with I presume, some of his family.In my younger days this was money in the bank as the Sunday tabloids love that sort of stuff. I decided to leave him alone as he looked very happy and content. I would probably have ruined his walk if I had started taking photos.

Next stop was the Museum of Modern Art. Outside was a rare sight, Wellington, not wearing his famous road cone ! He was sporting a trendy feathered number ? A short walk took me onto Buchanan Street, bustling with shoppers and on street entertainment. I was impressed by an artist who was painting a huge "mural of life", as he must have been seeing it at the moment. It was quite scary actually.

On emerging onto Byres Road later on I was very impressed by a display of vegetables across the road. So much so, I ended up going in and buying some fruit and veg. Can't beat a good bit of presentation. The old Mercedes sports car caught my eye, what a beauty. And finally, you would never guess the local elections are forthcoming. But where are the Tories?

1 comment:

bear said...

Don't you wish you had an old Merc??

"Lord wont you buy me .......