Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Wednesday 17 October 2007

Richard Thompson Rocks The Fruit Market.




What can I say about this man? I give up. I have been listening to him for what seems most of my life and he just keeps on getting better.

With 40 albums under his belt, voted by Rolling Stone magazine as one of the 20 greatest guitarists of all time, founding member of 60's band Fairport Convention and having his songs covered by no less than Elvis Costello, David Byrne and Bonnie Raitt, to name but a few, what more could I possibly say.

He played for two and a half hours. It was quite amazing. I am still astonished by the amount of people I meet who say, " Richard Thompson, never heard of him ". Are they living in bubble? Or maybe I am. I wouldn't mind his lion rampant shirt
right enough.

No comments: