Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Howlin' Wolf.




I have stated in an earlier blog that I have great admiration for buskers. They play in all weathers and best of all, are extremely varied in their acts.

On Glasgow's famous Buchanan Street on Saturday there were several acts drawing large crowds.
An extremely energetic and traditionally dressed band were playing a fantastic pipes and drums set to an enthusiastic crowd at the top of the street.

Further down, I heard a dog howling. Now being a dog lover I went to investigate and it didn't take long to track it down. Standing opposite the Argyll Arcade was a busker playing the guitar, mouth organ and singing away. Now I couldn't work out whether his faithful hound was singing along or had heard enough of his master's voice.

Only the dog can answer that question but the legendary Howlin' Wolf sprung to mind.

2 comments:

Catherine Nelson-Pollard said...

I share the same admiration for buskers too, and take photos of them. They are not a patch on yours but I try.

Tonykaku said...

i am and always will be pro-busker.
i thought those guys were Saor Patrol (in my blog on August 18, 2008) but alas no. but, i think i have seen your buskers in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
someday i will take the time and "label" all my blog entries with "live music" as i know i have seen around...500 buskers, musicians, live gigs, bookstore concerts, outdoor festival, etc, over the last few years and quite a few of those are in my blog.
my latest which i didn't get a photo of was of a guy playing the trumpet in the front seat of his old pick-up truck in my gym parking lot. why he was there, i didn't get a chance to ask.