Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 7 June 2010

Welcome To Edinburgh!



Most of us here in Scotland are aware of how ruthless traffic wardens are in the Capital city. They are collectively known as the "Blue Meanies".

On Saturday, I saw first hand, one of them in action. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not for anyone parking in places that cause danger or inconvenience but I couldn't believe that they would order three wedding Chauffeur's to move the limo's outside the Cathedral in Edinburgh's west end during the service. Well they did.

At this point I'm going to stop in case I go off on a rant. In my past life, I would have made a few bob selling the story to a Sunday paper as the groom tying the knot was a well known "Auld Firm" Scottish footballer and the fact that they are now known as 'Blue Meanies" but used to known as "Green Meanies", would have been manner from heaven for the caption writers.

I can see the headlines now!

No comments: