Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Two Years Later.




In September of 2005, I was taking some photographs for the Lofi rehearsal studios web site. I heard a really nice sound coming from one of the studios and went in for a wee nosey. A bunch of young guys from Cumbernauld, The Dykeenies were in full flow. They didn't mind me taking a few shots and I knew from that moment on they were destined for greater things. It wasn't long before Sony put pen to paper. They gave me an invite to their first single release at King Tut's which was packed to the rafters and have since done T In The Park and numerous other big name events. I read in the papers today that they did a free gig at the opening of Apple's new flagship store in Glasgow and that their new single Clean Up Your Eyes has topped the Scottish chart. It was the first time i Tunes had recorded a gig in Scotland for sale online. Yes, the boys are well on their way and good luck to them. They are phenomenal.

No comments: