Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Reaching New Height's.




I was asked by Glasgow Community & Safety Services to take a photograph of their new fleet of vehicles.

The shot was set up at The People's Palace on Glasgow Green. It was then a hike up 25 meters, courtesy of Strathclyde Fire Service, in the basket of one of their appliances and what a panorama!

I have always been surprised at the completely different view of the world you can get when looking down from a height. I took the opportunity to take some skyline shots of the city and had a laugh to myself as I could clearly see my old college where I studied photography thirty two years ago about a mile away in the distance.

I also got a good look at the magnificent Doulton Fountain, which I was reliably informed, was the largest fountain made of terracotta in the world.

All in all, an extremely interesting experience.

No comments: