Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Friday 11 July 2008

Some From The Archive.





A few months ago, I decided to start an "on line" shop on the advice of a web site designer.

I had no idea the amount of research it would take to get it up and running as I have hundreds of thousands of negatives going back to the late seventies and early eighties.

It has been an eye opener for me as I have been finding shots of people and places that I had totally forgotten I had photographed over the years.

A typical example would be "The Big Day" back in 1990. At that time, bands like Deacon Blue and Wet Wet Wet were starting to really hit the big time. I'm glad to see that they are still actively performing today despite all the ups and downs of life.

Sheena Easton, who had left to live in America did a gig on Glasgow Green. I remember that her appearance didn't go down well with the crowd. Bottles and other objects were launched at her during her performance and she had to be taken off the stage for her own safety. You can clearly see the fear in her eyes. I also remember being extremely embarrassed by the whole affair. She has a great voice and is a brilliant performer. She didn't deserve any of that nonsense.

Have a look at a younger Marti Pellow, Ricky Ross, Lorraine McIntosh and last but not least, Sheena Easton.

2 comments:

Tonykaku said...

hello again Stewart. i was in your part of the world
this weekend. i remembered your blog about Harry Benson and Kelvingrove so i walked to it yesterday,
it was another wonderful weather day. i had breakfast in the park and then truly enjoyed the photos of Harry Benson before flying back to Philadelphia and then home to LA today. i will return to Glasgow in August and hope to see some Fringe acts in Edinburgh.
any favorite places in Glasgow you recommend to see and photograph?

faceless said...

thanks for the pics of 'the big day' - in today's Daily Record they've said that bottles of urine were thrown at her. I was there myself, but don't remember more thn a few glowsticks being thrown.

Did you ever hear about the urine being thrown?