Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 29 June 2009

Art For Arts Sake.



Now I am no artist and have never claimed to be.

I think that one of the beauties of photography (photos without any digital interference) is that they capture exactly, moments and incidents in time accurately with little or no argument attached.

On display at the Tramway I saw these two exhibits. Both were part of the Glasgow School of Art, Fine Art Postgraduate Course 2009. One is a stuffed crow with a rod attached to what looked like a plastic heart and the other is yes, a piece of orange peel.

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm laughing right now! I don't get it either!! :)

Catherine Nelson-Pollard said...

and neither do I.

I love to do an "installation" using a piece of wool and an eye. I'd charge a few thousand for it and call it "pulling the wool over your eyes". Tracy Emin, Damien Hirst they've all done it, and are now sitting pretty.