Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Friday 8 April 2011

Shangri-La On The Bonnie Banks!





Having spent the last 35 years of my life working in media, I have seen many good and many bad things.

Today, I found a very good thing on my doorstep. I was invited to visit Ardoch House at Gartocharn overlooking the 'Bonnie Banks' of Loch Lomond and it is something else.

An old farmhouse has been cleverly spliced together using 21st century technology and modern building techniques and as you can see by the result, it is quite stunning.

It is a multi use building which can cater for under privileged youngsters one day and top end corporate conferences the next.
It's hard to believe that it is only half an hour from Glasgow.

But for all its sophistication, it can't beat the world famous view.

No comments: