Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Thursday 24 May 2007

Scottish Pipe Band Championships 19 5.07








Following a morning of standing in the rain recording the schools cup final, my next assignment
that afternoon, would find me standing in even heavier rain at Levengrove Park, Dumbarton.
I was at the venue for the Scottish Pipe Band Championships, sponsored appropriately by 100
Pipers Whisky.

As with the earlier football, rain, was not going to deter these hardy souls. I soon discovered that piping is a very serious business irrespective of weather conditions. It was a magnificant event and all the participants were immaculately turned out. The crowds that had gathered to spectate also seemed oblivious to the inclement weather. If the day was to prove something, it was that the Scots as a race won't let the weather get in the way of almost anything. My biggest problem was keeping the rain off my lenses.

No comments: