Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Tuesday 29 May 2007

A Young Man to Be Reckoned With 28 May 2007










The British Masters Lightweight Champion, Gary McArthur, paid a visit to the studio tonight. Gary needed some shots for general publicity purposes. Working with athletes at the peak of their fitness for me, is a joy. This man has attitude and it shows. He is undefeated since turning professional fourteen months ago and with a ring name,
" The Clydebank Blitz ", I don't envy anyone getting into blows with him.

I had the Stones, Let It Bleed, playing in the studio when he arrived. That was purely coincidental. Everyone who knows me, know I can't see past Sir Mick and the boys. Gary said, " I see you are into old music" ? I wasn't about to give him my usual lecture about how inadequate you are if you didn't go along with my line of thinking.

I have heard many people over the years asking boxers the obvious question, "does it hurt when you get hit"? His answer was same as the rest, an unequivocal "No". I think I'll stick to photography.

No comments: