Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 21 April 2008

The Trossachs.











I was in Callendar on Sunday to take photographs for a forthcoming poster campaign. It is a great town with lots of shops and features and on the way out, is the famous Lade Inn. If you like your traditional music, this is the place to be on a Friday and Saturday night and it now boasts a real ale shop with around 150 beers to sample. Sounds good to me!

Now this has to be one of the most beautiful locations in the country and it took me right back to my early teenage years. My best friend Alastair's mother was the teacher at Brig O Turk primary school and we spent many a long hot summer fishing, swimming and generally messing around. It was one giant adventure playground. I was astonished to see that the tea room hadn't changed a bit since the seventies. It could have been straight from a film set of a thirties movie, fantastic.

The scenery around Loch Venachar and Loch Achray is simply stunning and the wee Brig O Turk Church was just as I remembered it. With all the new development that's going on everywhere, it's great to see that there are still protected areas of natural beauty.

No comments: