Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Friday 1 August 2008

Sunny Spain.






































Well I,m just back from a weeks break on the Costa Brava, it was fantastic.

For the first week, I enjoyed the luxury of staying in a private villa and a short walk later, you were on the beach or enjoying a coffee in one of the many bars in the quiet town of Callella. I also managed a first, BBQ'ing sardines.

There were fabulous cliff walks with great views over the sea which was great as I am not one for lying around on a beach, lovely as they were. I hired a car and went to Pubol for a look at the castle Salvador Dali renovated for his wife Gala. This was an amazing experience but quite spooky. It has been left in a permanent time warp with lots of subtle, as well as obvious features from the mind of the genius. Well worth a visit if you are ever in that neck of the woods.

My last three days, took me to the Hotel Garbi and what a view I got from the balcony. On the first night, there was a wedding taking place in the grounds down by the pool. I went for a look out of curiosity and I have to say that I wish there could be a few more like it back here in Scotland. Everything Al Fresco.

And finally, the sunrise and sunsets. I'll let the photos do the talking.

Today here in Scotland, it is raining, dull and I've just heard on the radio that there is a partial eclipse of the sun going on right now. Talk about rubbing salt in the wounds!!

1 comment:

Kormin said...

The spanish coast looks fantastic !