Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Thursday 28 August 2008

Toms Latest


My old pal Tom Morton made one of his surprise visits tonight. "Well what do think of this"? he said.

Parked up up outside my house was his latest acquisition, aptly named "Violetta" for obvious reasons. Now I have never been able to work out why he seems to have urges to purchase old vehicles but in this case I could see why. I also own a camper van from the same era which has been in the garage for years and I keep saying next year I will liberate it from its prison but never get round to it. I will now. Why ? Because they
are fantastic. You just get in them and head off. It doesn't matter about where you might be going because when you get fed up, you just pull up, open a can of beer, cook something up and forget about everything.

I did comment on the flowery livery at the back and over the wheel arches of Toms machine. Are you a closet hippie Tom?

1 comment:

Tonykaku said...

being that i have a sum total of zero automobiles
maybe i should look into getting one of those
"camper vans" that Tom talks about on his show.
up until a little over 2 years ago, i had a 20 year old pick-up truck with a camper shell. i suppose that was my version of the "camper van". now i walk, take the bus, rollerskate to get me here and there. i am looking into getting a new bicycle as i left my old one in Japan.