Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 19 January 2009

What To Do On A Miserable Sunday Afternoon ?




I remember going to the Art Gallery on school visits and finding the whole experience a bit of a bore.

Well, on Sunday afternoon it was freezing and raining so I went along for a look. The place was jumping and I have to say, it's not the old boring place it used to be. Quite the reverse in fact. It has a very calming feel about it. A cross between a library and an old stately home would be how I would describe it.

Where else can you go to see a Spitfire swooping above elephants and Giraffes ? It is packed full of amazing things to cater for all tastes and ages. Well worth a visit and it's free.

2 comments:

Tonykaku said...

hello from San Antonio, Texas.

ahh, Kelvingrove. are the floating heads still there?

thanks for mentioning in your email that you heard mention of my Mother's birthday on Tom's show.
we listened to the rebroadcast after i bought her a new computer last friday.
my Mother has trouble with the Scottish accent but enjoyed the show. have you ever been to San Antonio? The Riverwalk is quite photogenic (if a place can be photogenic). i will add some photos when i return to LA.

Laura Scott said...

I am having a day at Kelvingrove on my birthday in March whilst my husband takes our 13 year old daughter to the craft fair at the SECC. Our 17 year old son (on his way to Strathclyde Uni in the autumn to do Mech Eng) is coming with me - he has no money so his birthday present to me is his company for the day.

You have taken some lovely photos and I am quite excited about my first visit there (all the way from the Scottish Borders).