Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 23 February 2009

Staggering Statistics.



Over the weekend, reports in the papers have shown up that Scots are the eighth largest consumers of alcohol in the world. Adults over the age of sixteen, consume an average equivalent of 570 pints of beer or 157 bottles of wine or a staggering 52 bottles of vodka per year.

Now I'm not going to get on my high horse here as in my early days in newspapers, alcohol played a big part in daily life. I don't know the answer to this problem but I noticed a t shirt on display in a shop window on Sunday.

Maybe this kind of attitude goes a long way to explaining the problem.


On a lighter note, all you people out there who don't get the merits of blasting a wee white ball five miles around a course, might agree with the message on another t shirt.

No comments: