Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Friday 13 February 2009

Things You Vividly Remember.


I am constantly being asked by my PR clients, "How does it work"? My answer has been the same for many years, " I don't know, I just know it does".

I put it down to the human brain being able to remember things from so long ago that simple images or words trigger a reaction which unleashes memories you had completely forgotten about.

You can see from a few entries ago, that I found a treasure chest of old photographs from the early sixties that I didn't know existed. This one in particular, although a bit under exposed, brought back the incident of me trying for the first time to hold back the tide. We have all tried and failed in this exercise but I remember vividly getting really frustrated as to why my wall wasn't working. It was a strange experience
for me to have it all come back.

That's me waving my spade at the incoming tide and it was taken in 1962.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love all your old photos. Please share more!
Beautifully written post.