Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 19 April 2010

Another Great Debate.







When I first started listening to music seriously in the 60's, you had the The Beatles and the Rolling Stones.


No contest !!!




Then along came the 70's. You had Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty. Now this was a lot more difficult for me never having seen 'The Boss' live. On the other hand, after queuing all night to get tickets for Nils Lofgren at the Apollo in 1977, I was completely blown away by his support band yes, one
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. What a night that was! Maybe that has swayed me ever since over to Tom's tunes. I still have the original ticket stub. By the way, check out the Apollo web site, it is absolutely phenomenal.



I took these photos at a 1992 Heartbreakers gig at SECC.

Both of them have written many classics but I never really felt the urge to buy any Springsteen albums whereas not only did I start with vinyl, I then went onto tape and finally (so far) CD's of Tom's recordings.

Yesterday I heard a tune by 'The Boss' called Girls In Their Summer Clothes, it is fantastic.

I don't think I'll ever get a definitive answer to this personal dilemma.

No comments: