Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Friday 9 April 2010

What Goes Round...As They Say.


On breakfast news this morning it was reported that the updated version the 60's musical Hair had opened in London's West End to huge acclaim.

I was only about twelve or thirteen when the original show hit the stage to huge controversy and outrage and I remember the iconic "big hair" psychedelic poster which I believe was modelled by Marsha Hunt.

She later admitted that Brown Sugar was written about her but had earlier turned down the offer to advertise Honky Tonk Woman. ( My favourite tune ever )

Now you are probably thinking where the link is here but it is quite simple. On Easter Sunday, I spotted this young lady on Byres Road with "big hair", the rest is total coincidence.

No comments: