Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 24 September 2007

Alabama 3 Hit Town.





The only place to be on Saturday night was the Carling Academy. The moment the utterly
brilliant Alabama 3 hit the stage the crowd went crazy. I'm no music journo so I'll let you get a description of their brand of
music from their own web site. The whole gig was pulsating from the start to the finish. I went along to simply enjoy myself but as usual, I couldn't resist taking a few shots using my girlfriends handy wee Lumix. As the show came to an end and the inevitable encore spot came along out popped a piper, hotly followed by the rest of the band. I was trying to work out what must be going through the pipers mind. He could never have played a gig like it and would probably never again.

The obvious question is, why the Alabama 3 when there are at least nine of them and they hail from Brixton? I'm not really that bothered myself. At one point we were all asked to salute with the left hand, as you can see by the photo, this had a lot of people confused. I was not confused by the gig, it was sheer magic.

1 comment:

Tom Morton said...

Hey , I'm totally jealous.. great photos
All the best, Susan