Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 17 September 2007

The Phenomenon That Is The Rolling Stones.







A few years ago my friend Paul Shields, arrived at the studio with this fantastic photo. It was taken in 1963 in McCormack's Music shop, Bath Street, Glasgow. The Stones were on their first UK tour and had played in Hamilton the night before. When they got back to their van after the gig, everything in the back had been nicked. When Paul's aunt, Adelle McCormack, who ran the famous McCormack's Music Shop at the time heard that the next night's gig in the Odeon might have to be cancelled, offered the guys pick of the shop in return for a photo. What a deal and here is that photo. Paul told me that she had eventually to throw them out as Keith and Brian were helping themselves to guitar picks.

There are so many stories surrounding the Stones that who will ever know if that is true and in my opinion, who cares. The Rolling Stones, in my opinion are simply the greatest band that have ever been. I can't see another outfit ever eclipsing them before I peg off.

I've popped on a few of my own photos from the "Steel Wheels" tour, 1990. What a band!

No comments: