Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Thursday 6 December 2007

Not Wee Boys Anymore.


My eldest son Roddy is back in goal. He has always been a goalie ( must be in his genes as his great grandfather was goalie for Arbroath) but a couple of years ago he got offered weekend work, so the fitba was literally booted out the park. He is staying on for a sixth year and can play for the school team as the games are during the week.

I got the fright of my life when I saw his team mates after all that time. One of them was at least six foot five. It was a crunch game against Knightswood and the pace was absolutely furious. I was tired just looking at them. His team, Hermitage Academy, got their revenge by winning 6-2 as Knightswood beat them in the cup last year. I reckon I'm just shrinking!

No comments: