Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Tuesday 1 September 2009

Edinburgh Book Festival.


My old pal Tom was publishing his latest novel "Serpentine" at the Edinburgh Book Festival on Sunday afternoon.

During the Q&A session I was discretely taking some photos when I was tapped on the shoulder by a young guy with an official badge hanging around his neck. "You can't take photos" he told me in a stern voice. Not wanting to cause a scene, I put my camera down.

After the event, I was followed outside by the chap where he proceeded to tell me to delete my images as he didn't want any of them to appear on Youtube. Not content with that nonsensical reason, he proceeded to give me several more other ridiculous ones.

"Ye Gods! it's a book festival for heavens sake. Lighten up", I said. You would have thought I was a dubious character in Tom's book.

Now to get back to the book, I have read the first few chapters and it is fab. I strongly recommend that you buy a copy.

No comments: