Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Monday 6 June 2011

Chick Meets Crowe!


I saw on the BBC news that one of my clients Charles "Chick" Allan, head of the Clanranald had been visited by his old mate Russell Crowe.

When I first met Chick back in 2002 I had been asked to recreate the famous Marylyn Monroe "skirt in the air" shot but using a bearded kilted Scotsman holding a broadsword with a castle in the background for a marketing pop up stand. No problem then!!!

Chick is standing above an industrial paint dryer which we had buried in the ground in order to get enough updraft to lift a heavy kilt.

The whole shoot was a hoot and I have snapped him many times since.

He met Russell Crowe on the set of the Ridley Scott film epic Gladiator where Chick playing a Barbarian is seen in the opening scene shouting obscenities at the assembled Roman troops waving a severed head of one of their comrades. This made them really mad and if memory serves me well, Chick didn't last very long after that.

I must get to have a look at his medieval village, it sounds fantastic.

No comments: