Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Severiano Ballasteros


I was saddened to hear of the recent death of golfing legend Seve.


Over the years as a sports photographer, I have covered many championship golf tournaments involving many of the great golfers. I used to play when I was a teenager which allows me to tell how difficult a game it is.

I remember how effortless and elegant he made it look and he was the same age as me which I liked.

I have been asked to participate in several media training courses and when I was going through my archives looking for suitable material, I found a cutting using this photo I took of him at the Australian Masters way back in 1983.

I remember at the press conference after the match he had nothing but praise for his opponent 'The White Shark' aka Greg Norman who beat him on that occasion.

No comments: