Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Saturday 10 November 2007

Friday Night.






Last Friday night I was off to record a lady called Margaret Mc Gregor receiving the title of "Freeman of West Dunbartonshire". This was a very formal affair which took place in the Millenium Hall in Gartocharn. The Provost and a host of dignitaries were present at the event. Margaret was great and it all went well.

I managed to get finished by around 10.00 pm and it was time for a swifty in one of my favourite pubs in the west end, Tennent's Bar. I like going there because it always has a great mix of people and the food is great. Friday night was no exception. I had to ask this quartet why they were dressed up. " It's our golf club theme evening", was the reply. I don't know about you but I can't think of any golf club that would let them across their door dressed like that. But hey, they seemed happy enough. Next, I spied a "wee dug" having a drink of Guinness. It didn't half kick up a stink when the last order bell rang. Never mess with a dug and its drink.

A guy asked me why I was taking the photos and I told him for no particular reason. "Will you take one of us"? he asked. No bother and here they are.

No comments: