Todays Picture

Todays Picture
Squinty Bridge Glasgow

Saturday 17 November 2007

Global Warming and Climate Change.


I have my own theories on this front and none of them conclusive. With more and more people populating the planet on a yearly basis, it only makes sense that we all use more and more energy. All that seems to do is create more and more pollution, tree cutting, road building, aviation, travel and general consumerism.

The one thing that has never failed to amaze me on all my travels, is that no matter where you go, whether it be beach combing in Shetland or in one case, I was sitting on a rock in the middle of nowhere in Victoria and there it was. An empty Coke can. You would think that the people who had the presence of mind to lug a full one to these remote parts of the planet might more easily take home a light empty crushed one for recycling. Now I'm not for one minute blaming Coca Cola for anything. I'm talking generally about our disposable nature about nearly everything which comes packaged for our convenience.

Could that be our problem ?

No comments: